Monday, October 29, 2012

Back to business


 These images were taken for a historical landmark assignment. I am in Madison a lot lately, and so why not shoot the capital building? When I was younger I toured the inside of this huge classical Wisconsin monument. If you have never done so, I say do it. Especially if you are an architecture and history lover like I am. The inside is just as beautiful as the outside.

The outside you can see classical elements such as the Ionic and Corinthian columns. The relief sculptures in the pediments, and the classical figures on the rotunda. Just walking around this building and looking at everything you want to or can, is really inspiring.

Oh! And plus, when you tour the building you are more then likely able to walk out onto one of the few balconies that they have, which gives you a great view of Madison.

I was pretty bummed about the grade I received on this assignment, and it was all because they were in b/w (black and white)!! It was a last minute idea to change them to b/w. My gut feeling was to leave them color, so the last one I left in color... What do you guys think?


Well, I hope everyone enjoys these, and go check out the state capital of Wisconsin!!!



Katie 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Purchase my work on Society6!