Saturday, May 25, 2013

Tis' the season....



Tis' the season... for art fairs!! As many people should know, summer months are when things in your town start to happen. Festivals pop up, carnivals, farmers markets, athletic events, and all sorts of out door activities. Well one activity that I always got excited for was the local art festivals and fairs. (Don't ask why some are called festivals and some are called fairs. Maybe I will find out this year..) If you are a reader or you peruse of this blog you might take notice to the beginning of its creation. I started this blog due to my first art fair ever, which took place last year at the Milwaukee Domes. I am happy to say that this year I have been accepted into 3 different art fairs thus far.

The first one of the season is going to be next weekend, June 1st and 2nd in fabulous downtown Racine. It is a two day fair with music, food, and activities for the kids. This will be my first home town show, so needless to say I am a little nervous about it. First times are always a nerve wracking thing. However, I believe I have everything I need ready to go. I have been working at my supplies list for a while, and this year I am happy to report that I have created some larger prints of a couple of my images. As well as, I have hand mated a few in some cool frames. I will post pictures of those later, but I was pretty damn happy with how they turned out.

So mark your calendars for the Monument Square Art Fair next weekend June 1st and 2nd. Hours are Saturday 10-5 and Sunday 10-4. I would love to chat with everyone who stops by, so do it!

Here is the link to the festival website- Monument Square Art Fest
Aaaannddd.... here is a link to my artist page for the fair- My page



Greeting cards I made with my images. They came out so amazingly beautiful!! Selling them at my art fairs this year.
Hand cutting my mats... I was proud of myself. :)
Application for a Kenosha art fair.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Purchase my work on Society6!