Wednesday, May 22, 2013

End of semester...finally....

I know it has been a while since my last post, and I do apologize! The semester was busy with a concept project I was working on the whole time, and my journalism class which got me some great material to post here later!

Just a little information on what has been going on in my photographic world...

One of my images was selected to be a part of the Black Box Gallery's online annex of their Shadow and Light exhibition. That was very exciting to hear that! Here is the link to the online annex.... Black Box- Shadow and Light

Like I said before, all semester I was working on a concept project. What that is, is that at the beginning of the semester everyone had to come up with a concept, and the concept was the only thing we were to work on all semester. Talk about a hard thing to come up with and stick to! I am not sure if I want to show those images that I shot for my project, because they are very personal pieces. However, I would love to show them to people because this concept is also very close to my life and heart. It is who I am. You will have to check back later to see if I get those up....

Other then that, my journalism class was fun. I got to interview Nick Gerber who is a Chicago based photographer and an acquaintance of mine. That was a great experience being able to do my favorite thing, as questions, and learn something about someone. I will be posted that soon!! Also, this past month I volunteered for the Making Strides Breast Cancer walk and was able to use my photographic ability to capture some great images for them. Those I will also be posting in the coming weeks.

Other then that... it is officially art fair time!!! Postings on those will be coming to you soon... like so soon that after this one, I will be posting about my first fair of the season....


Thrive!!!

Katie Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment

Purchase my work on Society6!