Thursday, November 7, 2013

News update

I just wanted to use this week's post to give an update on some things that have been going on...

First, I just found out today that my image Abstract Reflections 3 was accepted into the 1650 Gallery's "Reflections 2013" exhibition. Big smiles for this because not only do I get another chance to show my work, this is special because this is the second time I am showing work with 1650!! This makes me really happy to be building a relationship with 1650. So go to the link- http://www.1650gallery.com/reflections2013_exhibition.php  to look at some great Reflection images!!! Don't forget to look at the online annex as well. Oh, and if you are in the Los Angeles area check out the exhibition opening on November 16th.

Second, I have created a very small, shop to purchase some of my work. This has been on my list of things to do for quite some time. I am happy to finally dive into this. Honestly, I should have done this a long time ago, but with me being me, I have to know everything and understand everything before I jump into it. However, I took the leap!!

You can go to http://katiejeanimages.bigcartel.com/
I have only five items listed for the time being. I am working on creating and Etsy (everyone's favorite place) store. The reason it is not up and running yet is because I need to get to my friend's studio to shoot the product pictures. I am pretty proud of myself for finally creating my Big Cartel site! Giving myself a pat on the back.

This weekend I will be doing some maternity pictures for my sister-in-law and her husband. This is something that is brand new to me, so this should be interesting. I have done some reading on tips and ideas, so I have a little idea as to what to do. I will post those as soon as I can.

Well, that seems to sum up the "big" things going on right now. My next thing to do is work on some pictures to post.. they have been backed up in a folder waiting to be let out!

Thrive,

Katie Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment

Purchase my work on Society6!