Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Cheers to another semester!!








This set is from my last assignment for the semester. A week prior I had worked on a different series, but I just was not feeling it. I have to feel it and be connected to an image I am taking or it won't be right. It won't feel right, so I abandoned my first set for my final. During this abandonment, I was stressing out about what I wanted to shoot, what I wanted to connect with...The weekend came, and it was time to go out and capture something. I drove around taking pictures of every building on the North side of town that I felt drawn to. What came of that shooting session is what you see above.

Most of these are of a building "complex" I suppose you could call it. Or a couple of really old buildings. I used to ride my bike bast these buildings all the time when I was a kid, and I remember thinking about them a lot when I would ride past. They are run down, creepy, and always empty. It was nice to take something from my childhood and use it in my adulthood. All the colors you see are actual colors of the building and land. I did not change colors, or adjust anything in these images. That was a major draw to this location, the bright out of place colors that spread across the facade of the building.

I don't have much else to say about these, other then enjoy! And a cheers to another amazing semester passing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Purchase my work on Society6!