Monday, August 20, 2012

Thank you Milwaukee Domes Art Festival!


My booth number/my booth space! Isn't it pretty?
My whole booth set up, on one cart!!


Here are some pictures from this past weekend at my very first art fair! I was booth 30, in the best spot (I believe). My booth was tucked away in a corner at the end of the corridor. You can some what see what is taking shape as the corridor of booths in a couple of my images. I really enjoyed the lay out of the festival. I just wish the music was more audible from where my booth was, but I was very pleased otherwise.

I was very thankful to have met SO many great people. That was the most marvelous thing about the weekend. It was great to hear what people thought about my images, and how they saw them in their eyes.  It was surprising to see the reactions people had when I told them it was my first show. I am glad that it was a surprise to people. It made me smile. Everyone was nice and gave me encouragement to continue to keep going. It is funny, because going into this, I was nervous, negative, and out of my mind, but after it was all over with, I was a little sad to leave the positive energy of the weekend behind. That energy will keep me going for a while though.
Since this was my first show, my booth set up was quite modest. The "walls" that my work is hanging from, is a whole DIY project that took a day to create. The boxes that my images were in are all thrift store/rummage sale finds. I heard a few people comment on my vases, that my flowers were in, and those I painted as well!! Well, it isn't paint, it is actually alcohol ink. Cool huh? I thought my setup was a pretty good reflection of myself, and my work.
It started raining, then thunder storming on Sunday... Only for a little bit.    



It's a giant dome!!!

I love the light in this image...
Art fairs have been something I have wanted to do since high school. It was nice to finally dip my toes into it. After being an attendee for many years, I can now say, I am a participating artist. There were many things I was worried about getting ready for this event. I tried to do as much research as possible, and I tried to not let things ruin my drive to do this. Negative feelings and being overwhelmed with getting ready for this art festival really made it hard to not give up. Thanks to my close support group, I went through with it, and I couldn't be happier. The results were more then I could have ever asked for. The connections with people, and the first sales of my art, were small milestones in my photography endeavor. I want to thank everyone again for all the support, gracious words, time spent talking with me, asking questions, and standing there gazing at my work.  

Of course, if anyone has any questions or comments please feel free to share or ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Purchase my work on Society6!