Thursday, August 9, 2012

Reflections, oh my weakness...

I think I am weird, because I love reflections!! I am always so drawn to them, and to the possibilities that reflections offer. Honestly, I have about 400 or more reflection images, and I still can't get enough of them. It is my weakness. I think one day it would be crazy exciting to have a show of all reflection images. Hm, maybe that will be on my long list of things to do...




This first set of images, was taken for a street photography assignment. Since it was my first "official" ( official meaning school assignment, assignment) I was overwhelmed with it. The day I took these was a freezing cold day in November. That really made it more difficult to capture some great street shots. Side note, my class mates, and I all asked why in the world would you have a street photography assignment in November!? But, anyways, I was again draw in by the reflections of people, in a place where they felt more comfortable, and I was on the outside looking in. I liked this assignment and the fun I had with people on the street that wanted me to take their picture, or the ones who didn't. haha....









This set of images, is a set I took back in 2009 while on a visit to Wisconsin. These images, are all reflections in the Racine Art Museum window that is located down town. Some images are of the Johnson building next to the Racine Art Museum, and some are just reflections of the things in the museum window. This has always been on of my favorite series. A lot of people are really drawn to these images as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Purchase my work on Society6!